One thing that has struck me over and over again as I see which Google searches and articles lead men to my website is how many men are struggling to see themselves as good and worthy. They are looking to understand why their wives are cruel to them, resolve a father-son divide, or how to let go of the bullying they have experienced in the past. Or they are trying to understand that Men are Nurturers, too.
It seems to me that a lot of men out there are looking very hard to see what is good about being a Man in a time where all the focus on masculinity is a focus on the dark and dangerous side of the masculine.
If there is one message I would love to send to all the men who visit my blog, it is this: You are Worthy.
- You are worthy of being loved.
- You are worthy of being seen for the good you can do.
- You are worthy of being appreciated for the kind of nurture you give.
- You are worthy of being in a relationship where you are treated with compassion and respect.
- You are worthy of being seen as a human being, not just a utility.
- You are worthy of being treated as a being with feelings that can be hurt.
- You are worthy of being free to choose and having your choices respected.
- You are worthy of living without shame for the accidents of your birth.
- You are worthy of being judged by your actions and the content of your character, not the identity people pin upon you.
- You are worthy of hearing what is good and noble about your gender, not just hearing it heaped with disrespect.
You are worthy.
Let go of shame and the feeling of being unwanted, start seeking to live the life you want to. One in which you respect yourself and both expect and act in a way that inspires it from others. Where you see your happiness as being as important as that of the people around you.